The Gateway Art Gallery offers hundreds of art classes and several workshops to the general public each year for those interested in exploring their creativity and learning a new skill—or honing an old one!
Some adult classes may be attended by older children (15+) if accompanied by an adult, but this is left to the discretion of each Instructor. If you’re unsure, please call the Gallery to verify prior to registration.
Don’t see the class you want? Send us an email and let us know what you’re looking for!
Policies & Guidelines
- Classes/workshops are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No student’s space will be guaranteed without full payment of class tuition. Calling to “hold” a seat does not guarantee your spot if the class fills up with paid enrollments.
- Registrations are accepted via the website or phone with a credit or debit card. You may also register in person at the Gallery Tuesday – Friday, 10 am – 5 pm and Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm. Cash, check, and charge are all accepted methods of payment.
- Students should arrive on time, in order to receive the full classroom learning experience.
- Any unregistered party, including children, friends, and family, will not be permitted in the classroom and may be asked to leave.
- Please make sure to tidy up your space after your class. This includes wiping up any paint, pastel or clay.
- Any personal belongings left behind are not the responsibility of the instructor or the Gallery. We do have a Lost and Found, however, so please call us if you think you left something here.
- Please be mindful of the time, as the classroom is shared working space. Classes are sometimes scheduled back to back. Please make sure to clean up and leave the space in a timely manner after class.
- Your instructor or facilitator might arrive before class in preparation for the lesson or demo of the day. Please be respectful of their time before class and allow them this time to set up the space. They will address questions once class begins.
- Certain classes may require a signed liability waiver prior to class. Your instructor will make this available if it is required. Students who decline the waiver will not be allowed to participate in the class.
- We reserve the right to cancel any class, workshop, event, webinar, or camp due to insufficient enrollment, inclement weather, natural catastrophes, and health related issues of instructor or staff. We make every effort to notify patrons of postponements and cancellations at least 24 hours before class, but unforeseen emergencies may make this impossible.
- Dates and times are subject to change, as necessary.
- We may elect to postpone any class, workshop, event, webinar, or camp in order to accept additional registrations to meet minimum enrollment requirements.
- Students who don’t show up for class without having notified the Gallery or their instructor may not be eligible to transfer their class fee to the next month. Please be sure to give us as much notice as possible if you can’t make it to class. Your instructors are happy to transfer you to their next class, just let them know!
REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
- Due to limited space and scheduling, and the way payments are processed, we are unable to offer refunds for classes in the vast majority of cases.
- If a class or event is cancelled by us and it can not be rescheduled, please contact us for options.
- Transferring your paid registration to another student for that same class (i.e. to a family member or friend if you can’t attend) is possible with advance notice.
- Transferring your registration from one class to another is only possible if the instructor is the same for each class. Our instructors often get paid before class begins, so transferring to another instructor is not always possible if payments have already gone out.
- No transfers will be processed for requests made less than 1 day prior to any class, workshop, event, webinar, or camp.
We periodically take photographs during classes, camps, and special functions at our facility. These photos are for promotional use and may be published in area newspapers, magazines, and our publications. By being present during these activities, you consent to the use of your appearance in the above-mentioned periodicals. If you wish to opt out of these photos, please let your instructor and fellow students know before class so you can step out of the area.